Julie Edwards owns three rental houses in Henderson County. The properties are a key source of income for her retirement years. Since joining the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Landlord program and working with WNCSource Housing Services staff, Ms. Edwards has found that her rental properties provide higher, more reliable income, and are easier to maintain. Working with WNCSource and the HCV program has given her peace of mind.
As a HCV landlord, Ms. Edwards has her properties inspected annually. Home inspectors are licensed, professional contractors who notify landlords of needed repairs and potential problems before they grow bigger. Ms. Edwards noted that “The free annual inspections help me maintain my property and don’t let small problems get out of hand.”
Other benefits of accepting HCV include:
- Guaranteed steady monthly income!
- Fair market rental rates that help value your property better.
- Property control – Landlords set their lease conditions, interview and select tenants from an eligible pool of voucher holders. No more placing rental ads!
- WNCSource Housing staff are helpful and offer neutral support for disputes.
- 1099 tax forms provided at end of the year.
Julie Edwards is one of many satisfied landlords who are partnering with WNCSource to offer affordable housing solutions in Henderson and Transylvania Counties.
Rental property owners who are interested in finding out more about the HCV Landlord program can call Robert Hooper, Director of Housing Services (828) 693-1711 for more information.